Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Who let the dogs out


It’s 7 am and I am bit busy responding to a work call, heating up coffee, fixing the kids’ breakfast, IM’ing Chance about why there isn’t more coffee.  At this exact moment I notice someone is missing.  I look around for Max and his lopsided crawl, one leg is in the normal crawl position and the other is dragging behind him.  (This crawl deserves its own blog post.)  I expect to see Max terrorizing Lola but instead I see a little body going out the dog door.  I drop the phone and grab those legs just as they are about to disappear and drop 6 inches onto a flagstone patio. I just saved my son from what was at the very least a goose egg and at the very worst some stitches.  I knew better than to think that was the end of it. No, indeed I just invented the newest game around here; save Max from the dog door.  He of course goes right for it anytime he’s crawling around which is pretty much ALL THE TIME.  

No comments:

Post a Comment