Friday, July 27, 2012

Bubbles and legos


My beautiful little girl is suddenly not so little any more.  I’m still trying to figure out how this even happened.  It seemed like just the other day she was riding her scooter naked around the back yard with her baby fat dimples displayed for all.  I can’t dwell on it too much, it will destroy me to think of another 8 years passing in the blink of an eye. 

Karen and Jim gave Maggie her very own bubble bath set for Christmas. This is a gift that never crossed my radar because in my mind Maggie is still wearing Hanna Andersson play dresses (with the contrasting leggings of course) and playing with Littlest Pet Shop.  Her very own bubble bath (and not the baby type) was so very appealing.  And in fact, Boulder conservationist be dammed, she filled the tub up TWICE to ensure a good 30 minutes of bubbles.  Lest you think she’s all girly she did read her Lego Club magazine in the bathtub complete with a green ninja Lego figure on the front.  I couldn’t help but stand just out of her sight line and marvel at this child of mine, the ultimate study in contrasts.

When she was finished she insisted on applying the matching scented body lotion.  I long gave up on the moisturizer after chasing this child around for YEARS with body lotion in hand.  All it took was Cherry Blossom body lotion?  Don’t get me wrong she still doesn’t brush her hair or her teeth but that little girl-ism is being replaced by something else and frankly I’m not sure I am ready.

No comments:

Post a Comment