Sunday, January 11, 2009

The pig stays


When asked what is the difference between a guinea pig and a hamster, Maggie irritated by such a pedestrian question, replied "hamsters have wheels in their cages." Clearly. The guinea pig, Calypso, is the love of M's life, except when it comes time to change the bedding. I think the name Calypso sounds more like an entertainer at an adult club, but I've grown to love the pig too. Whenever someone enters the room she squeals, well like a pig.

The thing is we have pet "issues" at our house. We tend to kill fish and tadpoles. I did find Maggie with the last fish in her hand trying to pet it, perhaps that has something to do with the high death toll. Tadpoles never seem to make it anywhere close to adulthood. I'm allergic to cats and my travel schedule doesn't warrant a dog. So Calypso is staying and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that she'll survive the frequent baths and the parade of neighborhood children.

No comments:

Post a Comment